As we prepare to head out of town for Thanksgiving, and relieved that my training plan does not call for a long run this week, I went out for my last run of the week this morning planning on doing 6 miles. I just have to say that today was one of the most delightful runs I have ever had. The weather was perfect, and the scenery was gorgeous - at times it appeared like it was raining leaves as the wind blew them off of the trees. I ran downtown, and saw my favorite homeless guy - who once again cheered me on. I ran past kids waiting for the bus, and a couple of little kids started acting like they were chasing me, and of course, I played along. Absolutely just an amazing morning, and the run felt great. I ended up doing 7 miles, with an average pace of 9:01.
I also wore a new pair of shoes today. I've had 3 pairs of Asics Kayano 15s. I loved the first pair so much that when they wore out, I bought the exact same shoe - and it was a bonus because by then the Kayano 16s had come out, so the 15s were on closeout. Since the prices had dropped so much, I went ahead a week or so later and bought another pair, and that way I could cycle my shoes. I had read that it is a good thing to do to rotate your shoes if you run on back to back days, so that is what I've been doing for months. But I began to realize that one of the pairs was really starting to wear down, so I went back to Omega Sports, and low and behold they had the Ascics Kayano 16s on closeout clearance, because the Kayano 17s are now out. I tried them on, and loved them - so I bought them. I plan on heading back in a week or 2 to get another pair of 16s so that I can keep this rotation thing going. The shoes felt great - cushioning was perfect, and the support exactly that I need. Highly recommend them if you need stability control shoes.
Have a great Thanksgiving!
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment