Well, it took a little longer than I had hoped for my achilles to begin to feel better, but I am now pain-free and have started back running. It couldn't have come at a more perfect time either, because I think I was about to lose my mind! Last week I was able to run 3 miles - as I was running I felt a slight pain in the achilles, but it wasn't like before. I kept thinking that I was going to really feel it later, and I was pleasantly surprised that I have not hurt one single bit - well, at least not on the achilles. Not running for a couple of weeks was worse than I thought, and I was definitely a little sore last week.
Yesterday I was able to get out and run again for 3 miles (3.25 to be exact). I really felt good and today feel no after-effects from it. I think it's safe to say that I am going to ease back into things and start aiming for the Raleigh Rocks Half-Marathon at the end of next month. I really had hoped to run in the Crystal Coast Half-marathon this weekend, but I just don't think it's a good idea at this point. There is definitely one part of me that says, "Of course you could still do it!" And yes, I absolutely know that I could do it on Saturday - it may take me a while, but I know I could do it. But the wiser part of me has decided (for now) that it is not a good idea for me to jump in and run 13.1 miles after not running hardly at all for a few weeks. However, it is only Monday . . .
Monday, February 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment