Once your car battery is dead, you've got to get it charged to start the car back up. Assuming your alternator and voltage regulator are fine, simply running your car and driving it will recharge your battery. Amazing technology to me, and it is even more amazing when you consider how hybrid vehicles are using some of that power. I have truly found that I am a lot like a car battery, and no, that does not mean that I am full of acid . . .
I have found that some mornings I will wake up completely dead. That alarm clock may go off, and I try to turn the key to get started, and instead all I get is a weird clicking sound (or the popping from my ankles and knees). But all it takes is if I can get that little jump - whether it is from some OJ or a cup of joe - and I am ready to get started. Yesterday I was reminded of this quite succinctly.
Yesterday morning I felt like there was no way I was going to go run. I got up, ate some breakfast and had a cup of coffee, and then got the boys out the door to the carpool. I managed to get changed into my running gear, and went out the door - still feeling as though I was just "clicking" (and not the good kind of "clicking"). But I found that once I got started, I felt like I had more energy than what I started with. It seemed with almost each step I felt better and better - stronger even. In fact, I ended up running the fastest 5 miles that I've run in over a month. And that power surge seemed to last me ALL day! All day long I felt like I had plenty of energy and did not wear down.
The weird thing is that today I was not scheduled to run, so I got to sleep in a little later. And yet, I feel much more tired today . . . I need a nap so that I can recharge - either that or a run!
Wednesday, September 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment