Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Reasons of Run

For Monday, my training schedule called for an "easy" 5 miles. Yesterday was just one of those days that seemed to start off good, but the start of the day was the high point - it all went down from there. So I was actually looking forward to getting in my run to blow off some steam. One of my sons had "homework" from his soccer coach, and he was supposed to run 1-1.5 miles and then report the time to the coach, so Aaron decided he would go out for a run with Dad. It was nice to run with him, but he and his brother are fast, and even though he was taking it easy, we still ran at an 8:20 per mile mace for 2 miles, and that was a bit quicker than what I was wanting to run for my easy run! We finished up his 2 miles right at our house, and I was able to keep on running to finish my 5, though I did slow down just a bit.

Yesterday was just one of those runs that I needed. Everyone that runs has a different reason that they run. Some may run so that they can still eat the things that they want to eat. Some may run because they enjoy being outdoors. Some may run just because they are idiots. I run for a lot of reasons. Sometimes I run to be able to push myself to things I wasn't sure I could do. Sometimes I run because I have a fierce competitive streak in me. Sometimes I run to escape from the stress of the world, and that's what I did yesterday. Once I dropped Aaron off at the house I listened to a podcast of one of my favorite preachers, and it seemed like he was talking just to me. I felt so much better after my run, it was as if the day had started over.

I'm still trying to be careful with regards to my shins. I'm just paranoid that I'm going to develop another stress fracture. So I am trying to be very diligent in following the training schedule, and not over do it - again. My training schedule calls for me to do cross training today (Tuesday), and then take Wednesday as a day off, and my next run coming Thursday. If I feel really good tomorrow, I'm going to go for a short run. Gotta love it.

Here are the splits from the run today:
Mi 1 - 8:20.07
Mi 2 - 8:20.54
Mi 3 - 8:57.14
Mi 4 - 9:12.81
Mi 5 - 9:11.59
Total = 44:02.15

No comments:

Post a Comment