This week our blog has been sponsored by the number "4"! After running 4 miles on Monday, I decided that I wanted to run 4 miles on Tuesday. I didn't get to run Wednesday, but when I ran today I decided to go for 4 one more time. I really, really, really am not going out there and trying to run fast. Some days, such as Tuesday, I really just want to go out for a very casual jog. There is some real merit to running a nice and relaxed run, but I am finding the self-control to be difficult. One of the things that ruined me at the marathon was I went out WAY too fast. When I ran my half-marathon back in '08, I went out intentionally running slow - and it felt like I was crawling. However, I was able to build the pace as I warmed up and felt more comfortable, and I was able to finish my first half-marathon ever in 1:59. When I ran the marathon, I went out fast, and I knew it was too fast - and it took me almost an hour longer to run the last half as it took me to run the first. So I have got to learn to SLOW down.
Here are my splits for Tuesday:
Mi 1 - 9:22.65 (decent start - not too fast, but still faster than I wanted)
Mi 2 - 9:09.13 (warming up - picking up pace)
Mi 3 - 8:46.99 (now I'm just getting cocky)
Mi 4 - 8:23.89 (now I just want to finish)
Total = 35:42.66
Here are my splits for today (Thursday):
Mi 1 - 8:44.82 (whoa, boy - slow down!)
Mi 2 - 8:22.39 (warming up - picking up the pace - notice the pace of this mile is faster than the last mile on Tuesday!)
Mi 3 - 8:24.75 (ahhh- feeling that last mile - but not really - I really was trying to bring in the reins a bit)
Mi 4 - 8:23.6 (ok - if I had known I was going to be coming in that quick, I really would have tried to turn on the jets, or at least my version of jets. I easily could have come in under 8!)
Total = 33:55.56
If my schedule allows, I'm going to run either 5 or 6 tomorrow. That schedule can fill up quickly - especially since it is tourney time!!!
Thursday, March 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment