Today was truly an inspired run for a couple of reasons. First, yesterday was the New York Marathon, and though I've not even run in my first marathon yet I would LOVE to run the NY Marathon. I was such a running dork that I DVRed all 5 hours of coverage on Universal Sports HD. I got to watch a little bit of it today while I ate lunch, and just hearing the stories of some of these runners - elites and average joes - was very inspiring. Plus, it's amazing for me to think that some people can run THAT fast for THAT long!
The second reason for today being an inspiring run was the passing of a dear friend and true saint of God - Richard Williams. Richard is a significant reason that I am in the ministry today, as he was so important in my life due an early time in my ministry where I really was questioning my calling. I will always be grateful to Richard for the chats we were able to have as his office was right next door to mine at Centenary UMC, and the gentle ways he could calm me down. My prayers will be with Carolyn and the family.
Today was supposed to be 5 easy miles. I think I picked it up a little more than I anticipated, but that's OK, because I've got to go teach/preach at a church in a little while - and I knew I needed time to shower off ;-)
Mi 1 - 8:56.84
Mi 2 - 8:45.66
Mi 3 - 8:51.12
Mi 4 - 8:26.1
Mi 5 - 8:01.73
Total = 43:01.45
Monday, November 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment