Saturday, November 7, 2009

Smart run

Today was supposed to be a 14-mile run, yet due to some pains I've been having this week, I figured I needed to adjust my plan. The pain in my foot is better, but I still have the pain in my hip, however I still decided to get out there and see if it felt better after stretching and warming up. It did feel better, but after the second mile my right achilles really seemed to tighten up and hurt. I've learned from the 2 stress fractures that I had earlier this year that I need to be smart, and sometimes pain is something you need to pay attention to, so I cut the run short and finished at 4 miles.
Mi 1 - 8:39.7
Mi 2 - 8:35.77
Mi 3 - 8:42.41
Mi 4 - 8:49.31
Total = 34:47.19

Other than the pain, I felt great. I'm really not all that concerned about the pain, or having to cut the run short. One of the things I've read is that virtually every time you are training for a marathon you will encounter some kind of road block. We'll see how things develop this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment