Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!


We are in Nags Head, NC on the OBX for Thanksgiving this year, and I decided to get up this morning and do my long run on Thanksgiving day, and then I could eat ANYTHING and EVERYTHING that I want for the rest of the day! Each week for my long run I've been pushing it a couple of miles further than what my schedule actually called for, and today's run was "scheduled" to be 17 miles, but since I did 18 last week, my plan was to do 20. That didn't happen. I got out on the beach road, and my plan was to run 5 miles in one direction, run back towards the house, and then 5 more miles in the other direction, and then back to the house. I changed that up because I thought at least mentally if by the time I had gotten back to the house I had completed 16 instead of just 10, then the last 4 miles would be easy! Didn't work the way I had planned. The whole way back I kept thinking, "Now why do I want to run past the house?" I would have been so much better off to have just done 10 miles in one direction - the moment I decided to run in both directions was the moment I gave myself an easy way out. And I took it. Though I'm disappointed I didn't do the 20, my pace was a little quicker than what I had been running on my long runs. I also realized after the run that I was a bit dehydrated - you learn these things in the bathroom sometimes. I could have also guessed that I was dehydrated by noticing that I never needed a rest room break. Anyway, here are the splits:
Mi 1 - 8:42.66
Mi 2 - 8:50
Mi 3 - 8:55.27
Mi 4 - 9:00.4
Mi 5 - 9:14.46
Mi 6 - 9:18.63
Mi 7 - 9:13.53
Mi 8 - 9:39.01
Mi 9 - 9:39.82
Mi 10 - 9:39.58
Mi 11 - 9:39.64
Mi 12 - 9:34.64
Mi 13 - 9:31.39
Mi 14 - 9:30.12
Mi 15 - 9:55.8
Mi 16 - 10:31.25
Total = 2:30:56.20

Now, let the feast begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment