Mi 1 - 9:33.82
Mi 2 - 9:07.01
Mi 3 - 9:04.25
0.33 Mi 3:03.56
Total = 30:48.64
Thursday I did another "core" workout, which was a difficult thing to motivate myself to do. Wednesday night I needed to lift my head to put another pillow under it, and as I tried to lift my abs hurt so freaking bad I decided to not worry about the other pillow! However, I did manage to get through it, and today I'm not too sore. We'll see how tomorrow feels.
Today I had a 7 mile "long" run on the schedule. Again, the training plan that needed to be revised called for 7 @ 11:49, and I just could not do that. I will say that the run was not as easy as I had hoped, but I was really glad to get it in. Today I got changed and ready, ate a pre-run snack, stretched indoors (because it was cold outside - 41 degrees!), and got myself really psyched up to go run, and I stepped out and it was raining. I very quickly decided I did not feel like going out and getting soaked in the rain today, so I went back in. However, after 10 minutes of fretting around the house about not getting my run in, I changed my mind and said "heck with it," and out I went. Fortunately the rain was now just a light mist that was on again off again. Really not too bad. The wind was a factor at times, as it was pretty strong winds with gusts up to 21 mph. As I ran today I ran down some streets that led into so not-so-nice parts of town. I think I actually impressed some of the drug dealers. As I got into downtown Goldsboro and ran the sidewalks, I came upon 2 guys (not drug dealers - or at least I don't think they were) and one of the guys called out to me "Hey, you need to pick up the pace, buddy!" I kind of resented that, because from the looks of things neither one of the dudes have not run a mile for quite some time, if ever. So I called back to him, "You're right! Why don't you come join me?" He had nothing else to say - or maybe he did, but I was moving so fast I wasn't around any longer to hear him. :-)
Today considering the cool, I knew that I would tend to run faster than what I really wanted to run. When you are cold, it feels much better to be burning it up like that, however as I learned at the marathon, it is not always wise. Today I had to exercise the same restraint that I did on my Wednesday run, and I feel like it is something I'm getting better at, but still have to work on. Here are my splits for today:
Mi 1 - 9:25.93
Mi 2 - 9:12.22
Mi 3 - 8:52.79
Mi 4 - 9:16.43
Mi 5 - 9:20.71
Mi 6 - 9:20.05
Mi 7 - 9:15.9
Total = 1:04:44.03
I did do a revised Runner's World Smart Coach training plan. I really wanted a plan with what I thought were realistic times and mileage, and so today I played around with the numbers and this is what it came back with:
| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| |
No comments:
Post a Comment