Friday, January 15, 2010

First post-marathon run

All week I have been looking forward to running again. I knew because of the tightness and soreness that I needed to take a few days off, but I also really just wanted to get out there and move. Due to time constraints, I knew that today would really be the only day I could run, and God truly blessed me with an AMAZING day! Today it is beautiful and sunny, and WARM! 60 degrees!! I find it strange that I had to return to sunny North Carolina to warm up from icy Florida.

Today I went out to Waynesborough Park, which has a trail that snakes along the Neuse River. I haven't run this trail for quite a while, and I figured that it would just be nice to run out in the REAL animal kingdom. It felt like real trail running - mud, tree roots, animal tracks, and hills - lots of small hills. Still, it was awesome to be out there and it really felt good.

This weekend I plan on signing up for a couple of races that are coming up in the next couple of months. In February there is a half marathon in Morehead City that I had planned on running last year, but I was out of commission due to my stress fracture. There is another half marathon coming up in Raleigh at the end of March that looks pretty cool. I might as well take advantage of all the training I've done and keep this thing going!

Mi 1 - 9:00.17
Mi 2 - 8:40.41
Mi 3 - 8:56.89
Mi 4 - 9:12.67
Mi 5 - 8:41.04
0.22 Mi - 1:47.96
Total = 46:19.14

No comments:

Post a Comment