I know Disney has a water park called "Blizzard Beach," but who the heck would have thought we'd actually see anything even resembling snow down here?!? This morning it snowed and sleeted on the half-marathon, and I am so grateful that there is no precipitation called for tomorrow! My family I and went out to Hollywood Studios and had a blast before we finally were just too cold - it was great while it lasted, because there was not much of a crowd. We rode Tower of Terror and Rockin' RollerCoaster back to back several times with no wait at all - it was awesome!
I did get in a short run yesterday morning here at the resort. This place is really beautiful, even if it is cold. There was a loop around a lake that was just over a mile, and I ran that twice yesterday morning, and I really feel like I am as ready as I'm going to be. Because of the CRAZY amount of runners (24,000), they say I need to be on one of the buses from the resort no later than 4:00 (yes, that is AM we're talking about). It's supposed to be around 29 degrees at that time (yes, this is FLORIDA I'm talking about), so I'll be wearing several layers. One of the neat things about the Disney marathon is that whatever outerlayers you want to take off once you warm up, you just take them off and leave them on the side of the road, and Disney picks it all up and donates it to a homeless shelter. Needless to same, I plan on being generous tomorrow.
Today I got to see a bunch of people wearing their medals for finishing the half-marathon this morning. I made a point to congratulate each one I saw. I can't wait to get to wear mine tomorrow! :-)
Here are my splits from yesterday's run:
Mi 1 - 7:42.82
Mi 2 - 7:44.21
0.34 Mi - 2:37.54
Total = 18:04.57
Saturday, January 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment