Sunday, January 3, 2010

ONE WEEK!!!

Not that I'm too excited or anything, but the Disney World Marathon is now only 1 week away! The running bug bite me today, and I just had to go get in a short 4-mile run in. It felt really good - even though it was much colder than I would have preferred. The wind was REALLY blowing, and I ran past 2 time and temperature signs - one said it was 34, and the other said it was 32. Looks like any run I get in this week is going to be like that. Also looking at the forecast for Orlando, it will be a little warmer, but not a whole lot. Right now the forecast for next Sunday a high of 57, but a low of 37. Considering the race begins around 6:00 AM (and that I'm supposed to be at the race start area around 4:00 AM), sounds like it might be a cool/cold start to the morning. Maybe this week is just the thing to get me ready!

Remember, if you want, you can sign up for the runner tracking and you'll receive texts or emails automatically either when I finish or all along the race course (there will be a timing chip on my shoe that will communicate with sensors along the course, and then that info will be sent out to those who are tracking). If you are interested in tracking me, click here.

If you're just curious about the race course and some of the reasons I wanted to run it, follow these links and you can see some of the videos about parts of the course:
The Start and Epcot
Magic Kingdom Park
Disney's Animal Kingdom Park and Hollywood Studios
The Finish Line and Epcot

OK - here are my stats for today's run:
Mi 1 - 8:37.61
Mi 2 - 8:22.58
Mi 3 - 8:21.75
Mi 4 - 8:20
Total = 33:41.94

No comments:

Post a Comment