Monday afternoon I was able to squeeze in a quick 5 mile run before the rain came. I know! I was shocked that I didn't have to run in the rain again! The nice thing about this run was that it was supposed to be an "easy run" according to my training plan. The even nicer thing was how "easy" my 5 miles went by, and at a much quicker pace than what I normally would have called an "easy" pace. It really was a good confidence booster - something I needed after not doing by 20 mile run last Thursday. It showed me that my training is paying off, and my definition of "easy" is now changing. Right now, I feel very confident about my 20 miler on Friday - and for once, I'm actually looking forward to my long run!
Here are the splits:
Mi 1 - 8:49.74
Mi 2 - 8:35.5
Mi 3 - 8:37.65
Mi 4 - 8:26.63
Mi 5 - 8:05.4
Total = 42:34.92
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment