Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve run

Merry Christmas! Today while so many people were out doing last minute shopping, I was out doing a 6 mile fartlek! Once again, if you're not familiar with that term it is a Swedish word that means "speed play." To run a fartlek, you first eat lots of beans (ok, no - I just added that in - I know, that joke stinks . . . ), and then you go run. As you are running at a nice relaxed pace, you pick out a spot up ahead of you and you pick up the pace significantly till you that spot, and then you can resume your nice relaxed pace. It's really just interval training, but without designated interval lengths, and it just breaks up the monotony of a run. I can't say that I enjoy it, because it really is tiring, but I am very glad that I got it done.

Friday I will have to go run 12 miles, which stinks because it's the day after Christmas, but at least it's only 12. I still think it's funny to refer to it as "only 12," considering before I began this marathon training I had only run over 10 miles once. Not that 12 miles is easy for me now, but after having logged some of the long runs that I have, I feel pretty confident in running 12.

I truly wish you a Merry Christmas!

Mi 1 - 9:10.4
Mi 2 - 8:22.07
Mi 3 - 8:22.5
Mi 4 - 9:00.93
Mi 5 - 9:13.83
Mi 6 - 8:33.91
Total = 52:43.64

No comments:

Post a Comment