Well, since I wasn't able to do my 12 on Friday, I got up a little early Saturday morning and ran my it. The problem with getting up early Saturday morning was that early Saturday morning it was FREEZING cold. It was so cold that at one point an old man rolled down his window and yelled at me "You're crazy," and I just laughed - at him. Crazy is not getting out and enjoying all the complexities of life - the good and bad, the hot and cold, the joy and pain - and I was getting all of that in the span of a dozen miles on a cold Saturday morning. I wouldn't trade that for much of anything.
I could tell that I had run 6 miles the day before, but I still got it done. My legs were definitely "heavy." One of the common things I've had to deal with on my long runs lately is the dreaded "bathroom break." I just knew for sure this time I was going to be OK, because I planned out my run perfectly that at mile 6 I would be right at local park where for months they have had a couple of port-a-johns, and wouldn't you just know it, when I got to the park they were GONE! Frustrated and needing to . . . umm, find a tree where no one would see, I continued down the trail at the park into the woods, making sure to avoid any briars this time. My wife is convinced that she is going to get a call from me at some point in time having been arrested for indecent exposure and public urination, but I hope not. Hopefully I could out run the cops.
Here are the splits:
Mi 1 - 9:28.15
Mi 2 - 9:22.76
Mi 3 - 9:29.32
Mi 4 - 9:28.91
Mi 5 - 9:32.29
Mi 6 - 9:25.71
Mi 7 - 9:35.5
Mi 8 - 9:08.54
Mi 9 - 9:30.97
Mi 10 - 9:36.11
Mi 11 - 9:39.25
Mi 12 - 9:34.5
Total = 1:53:52.01
Saturday, December 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment